Hello

Welcome.

Come in.

Sit and rest.

Laugh and love.

Tell me about yourself, your thoughts...

Let's learn together.

Or we can just be quiet and breathe.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Firsts

Hello to Blogland. Today is my first time here. I have come, with invitation, and read a blog before. However, this is my first post. I am not sure what to say, and am just a little nervous. But I think I am among friends. So maybe I will just leave a little poem.

The sun was warm this afternoon.
A welcomed visitor after days of rain.
The warmth and light fell across my garden,
Brightening the greens and yellows that were grayed
From the days of rain and gloom.

I saw the blue flowers of the vinca minor,
Early blossoms laying against the shiny leaves.
It made me smile to see them.
And I looked at the trees, some tiny buds
Little leaves straining to come to life.

The garden will be in bloom again soon.
When it does, I will take time.
Time to nurture, to take out the tresspassing weeds.
Time to fertilize, to nourish the growing plants.
And time to invite you to sit with me.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I get to leave the first comment! I love this poem, it is so calming and vivid.

    Love, Catherine

    ReplyDelete